Baked apple with cinnamon and walnuts – a sugar-free recipe
When the nights are cool and your sweet tooth is craving some after-dinner loving, you can’t go past the no-fuss, tried and true baked apple. It’s sweet and juicy, aromatic and a little bit nutty. However, many baked apple recipes can leave you hanging a little too long. Sometimes a girl can’t wait; she wants her dessert and she wants it now! Before you reach for anything else, try this spin on the classic dessert. Easy to make, fast to cook, sugar-free and completely delicious, my baked apple with cinnamon and walnuts recipe ticks all the boxes.
- 1 green apple, quartered
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 handful of walnuts
- 1 – 2 dessertspoons of Greek yoghurt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place apples on a baking tray. Drizzle with coconut oil (if the oil isn’t naturally melted, you can simply scrape 1/4 teaspoon onto each piece of apple) then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then add the walnuts to the tray. Bake walnuts and the apple for another 5 minutes, until the apple is softened and golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with Greek yoghurt.