4 Week Summer Body Meal Plan: Week 2
Even with a meal plan, sticking to a healthy eating regime can be challenging. There are temptations you won’t always be able to resist, and spontaneous occasions that demand flexibility. The key is not to beat yourself up about it. Get back on your bike (literally), and pick up right where you left off. I had a few slip ups in week 2 of my summer body meal plan…
With only 3 weeks until I am off to Fiji, I didn’t intend this week to veer from the four guidelines and two exceptions I created to support my summer body meal plan. I designated which meals this week would be my ‘exceptions’, but that was before the can’t-say-no moments presented themselves.
Let’s refresh for a minute…
The 4-2-Fiji Diet Guidelines:
- No sugar (yep, going sugar free is a big one, but not impossible)
- Real, whole foods only (no sauces, no packaged goods and no processed ‘food-like substances’ – period)
- Must eat vegetables at every main meal (that’s breakfast, lunch and dinner – get creative!)
- Limit of 1 coffee per day (if you don’t drink coffee, I guess that means you only have 3 guidelines to live by for the next 4 weeks. Lucky you!)
There are also a couple of unwritten rules (except, I guess they’re written now):
- Meditate daily
- Workout for 1 hour, 3 times per week (or for 1/2 hour, 6 times per week). You must work up a sweat though. Make it count!
The 4-2-Fiji Diet Exceptions:
- 2 alcoholic beverages allowed, 2 times per week
- 2 “oops… but that was so good” meals allowed per week (that’s 2 meals – like 1 dinner and 1 dessert – not 2 days).
Week 2 Summary:
Last week I overdid the alcohol, drinking 2 glasses more than I’d allocated for the week. I corrected that by drinking 2 glasses less this week. Great start.
Daily meditations are proving tough to cram in – even just five minutes – with my busy schedule (and I don’t even have kids)! As an alternative, I’m switching off the radio on my drives to and from work to create some mental white space. It’s surprisingly calming and I enjoy this time.
My designated “oops… but that was so good” meals were Thursday’s dinner and dessert. Chicken and pesto pizza and Oreo McFlurry for dessert (couldn’t tell you the last time I had either).
The weekend saw me visiting my parents on the family farm. Mum had whipped up some homemade caramel fudge and chocolate brownies – who can say no to heartfelt country-baked goods like that? So I enjoyed a few pieces of fudge on Friday night after dinner and some brownie for afternoon tea on Saturday. Like last week, that just means I’ll balance it out with no ‘exception’ meals this week.
To allow myself a little more flexibility over the next two weeks, I think I’ll reserve any ‘exceptions’ to those spontaneous occasions that are practically outside my control (who is going to tell their host they can’t eat their food unless they’re allergic? Few people I would assume). Thursday night, I could have chosen to make myself something more wholesome. Friday and Saturday were different stories. Lesson learned.
WEEK 2 MEAL PLAN
(View Week 1 Meal Plan)
|5 Minute Meditation||Mindfulness Guided Mediation||Mindful meditation in bed|
|Breakfast||Lemon and warm water||Lemon and hot water
1 poached egg and 1 bacon rasher with 1/4 avocado on a bed of kale
|Chocolate beetroot porridge||Long black
2 poached eggs and 2 bacon rashers with leek, green beans and asparagus
|Protein shake (banana, kale, avocado, 180 Natural Protein Protein, Amazing Greens green superfood, and water)||
Omelette with zucchini, capsicum, onion and mushroom
|1 poached egg, 1 bacon rasher, avocado, tomato and baby spinach on toasted sourdough
|Snack||2 protein balls
|1 green apple with almond, brazil and cashew nut butter
|2 protein balls
|1 protein ball
|Lunch||Gourmet beef mushroom burger||Leftover roast beef and vegetables||Beef burger (leftover from Monday) on toasted sourdough||Leftover zucchini bolognese||2 preservative free sausages (leftover from Tuesday) and garden salad||2 rissoles and garden salad||1 lamb chop and garden salad|
|Snack||Protein shake (water, 180 Natural Protein Protein, and Amazing Greens green superfood)||1 handful of almonds
|1 carrot with almond, brazil and cashew nut butter
Protein shake (water, 180 Natural Protein Protein, and Amazing Greens green superfood)
|Paleo banana bread
1 handful mixed nuts
|Dinner||Rosemary, mint and citrus slow roasted beef with mashed sweet potato, steamed broccoli, carrot and homemade gravy||2 preservative free sausages with baked sweet potato, broccoli and Brussel sprouts with homemade gravy||Zucchini bolognese with roast pumpkin||4 slices of chicken and pest pizza*||2 lamb chops with mashed potato, steamed broccoli and carrot||Perri perri pork with fennel salad|
|Snack||Real hot chocolate||Oreo McFlurry*||Homemade caramel fudge*^||Baked green apple, walnuts and Greek yoghurt|
|Workout||1hr of Crossfit||1hr of Crossfit||1hr of Crossfit||4km walk||3km run|
- My 2 “oops… but that was so good” meals
- ^ I went over my quota. That means less allowed in Week 3
Share, save or print
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)