4 Week Summer Body Meal Plan – Week 3
When your days and weeks are so busy, it’s super important to be as organised as you can in the meal department so your diet doesn’t blow out with convenience foods and you don’t give in to that niggling voice in your head telling you “you deserve [insert craving]”. With only a week to go until I’m off to Fiji, time is of the essence and I have a few tips for anyone who, like me, needs to be prepared when they feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Three few quick tips to save you time (and your waistline) in the kitchen:
- Spend 10 minutes once a week writing down what you’re going to have for dinner throughout the week. Just knowing is half the battle. It takes the decision making out of the equation when you get home at the end of the day and you can be better prepared.
- Make a large salad and pack it for lunch throughout the week or have it for dinner with barbecued meat, haloumi or chicken as a quick meal.
- When cooking vegetables for dinner, make double. It means you can have a healthy lunch option the next day and saves you time prepping later.
Now for a refresh on this particular meal plan series…
The 4-2-Fiji Diet Guidelines:
- No sugar (yep, going sugar free is a big one, but not impossible)
- Real, whole foods only (no sauces, no packaged goods and no processed ‘food-like substances’ – period)
- Must eat vegetables at every main meal (that’s breakfast, lunch and dinner – get creative!)
- Limit of 1 coffee per day (if you don’t drink coffee, I guess that means you only have 3 guidelines to live by for the next 4 weeks. Lucky you!)
There are also a couple of unwritten rules (except, I guess they’re written now):
- Meditate daily
- Workout for 1 hour, 3 times per week (or for 1/2 hour, 6 times per week). You must work up a sweat though. Make it count!
The 4-2-Fiji Diet Exceptions:
- 2 alcoholic beverages allowed, 2 times per week
- 2 “oops… but that was so good” meals allowed per week (that’s 2 meals – like 1 dinner and 1 dessert – not 2 days).
Week 3 Summary:
There was cake. Twice. Yes, I was going to forgo my exception meals this week on account of my slips ups in week 2, but it was birthday cake and baby shower cake, and not just any birthday or baby shower cake – chocolate mouse birthday cake and raspberry and white chocolate baby shower cake! Who wouldn’t be intrigued by those kinds of cake?! So I enjoyed them and that was that. Like I said last week, get back on your bike and don’t beat yourself up about it. You just feel so much better when you make healthy choices on a daily basis.
In terms of my meals, it was a very orange-themed week! The end of winter required a clean up of the last of the mandarins and pumpkin and I was all to happy to think up and enjoy some healthy, delicious ways to use them up…
WEEK 3 MEAL PLAN
|5 Minute Meditation||5 minute guided body scan|
|Breakfast||Lemon and warm water
Pumpkin pie porridge
|Lemon and hot water||Lemon and hot water||Lemon and hot water||Lemon and hot water
Pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese, pecans and syrup (yes, it’s healthy!)
Apple, carrot, lemon and ginger juice
Spinach, mushroom and feta omelette with bacon and avocado
2 poached eggs and 2 bacon rashers with leek, green beans and asparagus
|Snack||1 green apple with almond, brazil and cashew nut butter
|Long black||Greek yoghurt and strawberries
|Chocolate mouse cake*
|Lunch||2 lamb chops and fennel salad||1 lamb chop and garden salad||Leftover Indian lamb curry (from the weekend)||Haloumi and garden salad||Garden salad||Beetroot, feta and pecan salad|
|Snack||1 handful of almonds
Protein shake (1/2 frozen banana, protein, greens, and coconut water)
|1 green apple with almond, brazil and cashew nut butter
White chocolate and raspberry mud cake*
|Dinner||Macadamia-crustedlamb rack with sweet potato and greens||Steak and steamed sweet potato, broccoli and zucchini||Haloumi and garden salad||Leftover lamb with cauliflower, broccoli and Brussel sprouts||Baked sweet potato, onion, broccoli, carrot and spinach||Grilled salmon with garden salad and sweet potato fries||Grilled salmon with garden salad|
|Snack||Raw mandarin cheesecake||Raw mandarin cheesecake||Raw mandarin cheesecake
|Workout||1hr of Crossfit||1hr of Crossfit||1hr of Crossfit||1hr of Crossfit||1 hr of Crossfit|
- * My 2 “oops… but that was so good” meals