Pumpkin pie porridge recipe – creamy oats meets old fashioned dessert
Vegetables at breakfast time are always a good idea. It gets your day off to a good, healthy start. But who said you can’t have your pie and eat it too? Not me! With this pumpkin pie porridge you have the best of both worlds. It’s super creamy and sweet and delicious – yet with no added sugar it’s practically guilt free! And, if you celebrate Halloween, which is only just round the corner, this pumpkin pie porridge would make a suitable addition to you menu planning. So, who wants pie for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons steamed, mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small handful of pecans
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring regularly until the porridge starts
to thicken (about 10 minutes).
- Pour into bowl and top pecans.
Share, save or print
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)